Friday 12 April 2013

The Business Side of Illustration - Portfolios and Branding

This was a lecture where only the very basics could be given, as this is something that changes for everyone. There isn't set guidelines for creating these, as it is a very personal thing. It covered the purpose of a portfolio, and that quality is much better than quantity. It also went over portfolios from a Art Director's perspective, and some dos and don'ts of how to put a portfolio together.

Along with putting a portfolio together, the lecture also covered branding. This included branding yourself as a business, and having a visual identity.

Again, this was a very helpful lecture. It helped me when I was putting my portfolio together, and also helped when I was designing my business cards and website.

No comments:

Post a Comment